About Us (../images/strips/strip_aboutus.jpg)

It all began in 1969 with two men in a cellar. 
They saw a market for their 
skills in designing amplifiers 
for test applications.

1970
Distribution expands into Europe.

1972
Moved out of Shep’s cellar to a small storefront property.

1973
AR moves to new headquarters at 160 School House Rd. in Souderton, PA.

1976
AR introduces first 10,000 watt tube amplifier
(10 kHz – 100 MHz).

1988
First 100 watt solid-state, 100-1000 MHz instantaneous bandwidth amplifier built.

2001
AR expands its capabilities into amplifier modules & customized systems with the acquisition of Kalmus in WA, now AR Modular RF.

2003
First 10,000 watt 100 kHz – 250 MHz solid-state amplifier.

2008
AR Europe is launched with AR United Kingdom, AR France, AR Benelux and now AR GmbH.

2012
First production 16,000 watt solid state amplifier to 225 MHz.

2013
AR breaks ground for 10,000 square feet addition to provide capabilities to manufacture and test high-power amplifiers in excess of 100 kW.

2015
First 50,000 watt solid-state amplifier produced.